Happy Sunday all. As I've said before, I’m addicted to the Internet. Being Internet addicted gives me authority on what is great on the web, and lucky for you, I am about to share some Internet greatness with you all. You’re welcome.
1. The VlogBrothers. The VlogBrothers is the YouTube channel of brothers John and Hank Green. John and Hank take turns vlogging on different days of the week, and all of their videos are super interesting. These brothers are incredibly intelligent (John is the best selling author of books such as The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska, and An Abundance of Katherines (he also did the commencement speech at Butler this year)) and their videos are upbeat, informative, and entertaining.
2. DailyGrace. I blogged about DailyGrace here on my Butler blog, but I love her so much I just have to mention her again. DailyGrace is the YouTube channel for the ever so lovely Grace Helbig. Grace films comedy vlogs five days a week on her channel and they are hilarious. She’s my favorite YouTuber by far and I love everything she does. She has also been in a few Lowes commercials and just started filming a movie with her two YouTube buds and bffs, Mamrie Hart and Hannah Hart.
3. Buzzfeed.com. If you live under a rock, you don’t know what Buzzfeed is yet. Buzzfeed.com is a pop culture type website that posts humorous (and sometimes insightful) posts about current events in the world or pop culture. It’s like all the best things on the Internet all decided to hang out together. It’s the greatest.
4. Jacksgap.com. Jacksgap.com is a newly launched website created by British YouTubers (and twin brothers) Jack and Finn Harries. Jack and Finn run the YouTube channel Jacksgap (I blogged about that as well), and from there, they decided to expand into this website. Similarly to Buzzfeed, Jacksgap.com serves as a platform for showcasing cool things on the Internet. Since the website was created by two vloggers, there is a lot of YouTube related content, as well as a lot of tips and tricks for creating your own vlogs.
|See more of their beautiful faces on their site.|
5. U lala. Speaking of websites on the rise, U-la-la.com is one to watch. U lala is a fashion and lifestyle blog created by recent Purdue graduates, Katherine and Molly. These two ladies created this site, which has branches for different schools all over. The site is based on providing fun and inspiring content for college women, and it is definitely worth checking out. With so many different branches, there is a lot of great content to view. And what do you know, I just so happen to be a writer for the Butler branch!
6. The Free People Pinterest Page. I like Pinterest as much as the next college-aged female, and the Free People page is one of my faves. Free People is a clothing store with a free spirit, hippie type vibe to it, and their Pinterest page features picture after picture of stellar outfits and cool arsty things. Their Instagram is pretty great too.
7. The Lumineers Instagram. I blogged a bit about The Lumineers in my post about Lollapalooza, so obviously I enjoy their music. In addition to having rockin’ tunes, the band has a rockin’ Instagram account. All of their pictures are pretty artsy and really pretty. Check it out.
|Enticing, isn't it?|
8. 40 Days of Dating. I actually came across this blog on Buzzfeed, and I am incredibly fascinated by it. It documents a dating experiment between two friends, designers Jessica Walsh and Timothy Goodman. The pair decided to date each other for forty days and document the experience. They each answer a set of questions about the day, and it is super interesting how they each interpret different aspects of the relationship.
9. Humans of NewYork. I also recently discovered the website, Humans of New York. This site features pictures and quotes from strangers in New York City and provides glimpses into these interesting people’s lives. I did an art project similar to this this past year, so I am incredibly intrigued by this site.
The Internet is a wonderfully strange place, and hopefully with these recommendations, it will become all the more wonderful. Have a great week and thanks for reading :)